Thursday, July 16, 2009

HAPPENING IN THE HOSPITAL ELEVATOR


I went to the hospital today to see a specialist. A friend went with me, as he understands doctor lingual better than I. In the elevator were my friend and I and another young women who stood in the back. We were headed to the 4th floor, but the door opened and a man came in and pressed the basement button. Under his right arm he was carrying some books. He had a DVD on his pointer finger through the hole, carrying it upright, partially in the air. My friend looked at him and said, " Wow, I sure hope your going to be able to get that taken off." {in a hospital setting, that was funny}. That man got out, the door closed.
My friend was then looking at the sign that said 4000 pounds max. He then commented, saying, "This elevator will hold 10 people weighing 400 pounds each." The woman that was in the back got off on the 3rd floor, and as she walked out , it was apparent that she could no longer hold in her burst of laughter. Oddly enough, when we got back in the elevator to leave the hospital, there were 10 people in that elevator.

No comments:

Post a Comment